Friday 5 August 2011

Little Victories

I'll explain what brought this one to mind - I've owned, for about a year, a raincoat that folds up into its' own pocket, and today, for the first time ever, I managed to get it folded into that pocket. And sad though it may be, it gave me a small feeling of triumph.

So that's what I'm talking about - the small, pointless, meaningless things that nonetheless make you feel good when you achieve them. When I was a kid I was never able to master the yo-yo, but when I tried it again as an adult, I finally got it!

Life can be full of these - fooling someone with a magic trick, getting your sandwich ingredients just right, finding the perfect birthday card for a friend...

Like I said, small and pointless little things - they won't change your life, but they may make you smile for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment