Wednesday 6 July 2011

Vegetarian Options

At the end of last year, I decided that I should make a few changes, start living a bit more healthily. One of the changes I made was to cut down on red meat. Boy, was that a good decision!
It had become almost second nature, when eating out on a weekend morning, to order a full English. I hardly bothered to even look at the rest of the menu, but now I take the time to see what else is on offer.
Well, it’s been a revelation. The cafĂ© in the village has a fantastic vegetarian option – replacing the meat with grilled vegetables and tomato salsa. And the local garden centre offers mushrooms and hash browns.
When we were on holiday recently, the B&B made their own vegetarian sausages. Absolutely lovely, they were, even if a little heavy on the cheese for my taste.
And at home – vegetable casseroles, nut cutlets, bean burgers, lots of pasta options – there’s a whole world of flavours out there, just waiting to be discovered. And I’m delighted to have started – I wish I’d done it years ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment